Junior WordPress Developer at Americaneagle.com
Location: Des Plaines
Americaneagle.com is a family-owned web design, development, and digital marketing agency with a passionate belief in the power of technology to positively transform business practices. Our focus is on helping customers grow and achieve success in the digital space. We cover a variety of different industries, including eCommerce, associations & nonprofits, government, healthcare, sports & entertainment, transportation, and more. The company was recently named by Built in Chicago as one of the best places to work and to Inc.com’s list of 5000 fastest-growing private companies for the past eight years. We have a team of 750+ employees with over 300 developers.
We’re searching for talented full stack developers to join our team and help us build high-quality, cutting-edge websites. We program in Microsoft ASP.NET/SQL Server, .NET Core, MVC, C#, PHP/MySQL and more. We also work with more recent technologies including automation testing and the latest JS frameworks like React. We work with various CMS systems such as Sitecore, Sitefinity, Kentico, BigCommerce, WordPress, etc. The team will reimburse for certifications and participate in events like hackathons throughout the year.
Our Portfolio Includes:
• Sports websites such as the Green Bay Packers fan and Hall of Fame sites, United Center, MetLife Stadium, Orange Bowl, and the Pro Football Hall of Fame
• Food and restaurant websites including Barilla Pasta, Dairy Queen, P.F. Chang’s, Naf Naf Grill and Portillo’s
• Mobile apps including Tampa Bay Downs and the Chicago Auto Show
• Online ticketing portals like Memphis Area Transit Authority and Virginia Railway Express
• High-revenue ecommerce sites for customers such as Weathertech, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Beretta, Repair Clinic, Soletrader shoes, RDO Equipment, Badgley Mischka
• Retail sites such as Werner Ladder, and TimberTech Decking
• Travel and logistics websites like Chicago Transit Authority and Golden Gate Bridge
• More sites can be found on our website: https://www.americaneagle.com/projects
Partnerships & Awards:
• WordPress VIP Partner
• Sitecore Platinum Partner with over 25 Sitecore MVP Awards and finalist for 2021 nominee for Partner of the Year
• Salesforce Registered Consulting Partner
• BigCommerce Elite Partner
• Sitefinity Titanium Partner, winner of the last 3 Partner of the Year awards and winner of 3 Sitefinity Websites of the Year awards for 2021
• OroCommerce Silver Soultions Partner and 2021 Oro Brilliance Trailblazer
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• 2+ years of experience with PHP and WordPress
• Using the latest technologies to construct new sites and applications
• Using optimizing and performance monitoring tools like AppDynamics and New Relic
• Communicating with our clients to make sure our design matches their requirements
• Assisting our Web Operations team with deployments
• Team members will be able to sharpen their skills in instructor led trainings and lunch and learns
• Optimizing database queries and handling large amounts of data
• Following SOLID design principles
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in newer JS libraries such as React
• Someone with a passion for programming, technology and who is always looking to learn more and improve
• SQL Server or MySQL knowledge
• Practical understanding of Git and Gitflow processes
Americaneagle.com provides its employees with an energetic work environment and opportunities to further develop their skills. Our dedication to growing our development team is how we can produce excellent sites and applications for our clients. We do all of this while maintaining a family value focus and pushing for a good work-life balance. We offer a generous compensation and benefits package.
For Remote Junior WordPress Developer roles, visit Remote Junior WordPress Developer Roles
Senior WordPress Developer at Americaneagle.com
< is a family-owned web design, development, and digital marketing agency with a passionate belief in the power of technology to positively transform business practices. Our focus is on helping customers grow and achieve success in the digital space. We cover a variety of different industries, including eCommerce, associations & nonprofits, government, healthcare, sports & entertainment, transportation, and more. The company was recently named by Built in Chicago as one of the best places to work and to Inc.com's
list of 5000 fastest-growing private companies for the past eight years.
As a Senior WordPress Developer, you have experience working on large digital projects.
You are able to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues about technical and non-technical issues. You provide strategic advice to project stakeholders and work collaboratively with other departments and teams. You can translate client requirements into technical approaches while considering scope and budget.
You help provide technical steer and leadership to the wider team, providing technical insights, advice and code reviews.
You are a keen problem-solver and an active participant in strategic & technical discussions within the team.
You take pride in your work, delivering successful projects through clear communication, organization and high-quality code.
• Developing complex custom WordPress plugins
• Adhering to WordPress coding standards & best practices
• Integrating external services with WordPress (often via APIs)
• Creating custom Gutenberg blocks
• Providing guidance and mentorship for other engineers
• Aiming to solve complex problems with simple, high-quality code
• Collaborating successfully with others
• Focusing on client needs & delivering quality
• Providing strategic advice for clients and project teams
• Communicating clearly to technical & non-technical stakeholders
• Providing actionable feedback to managers and teammates
• 5 years experience in web development
• High competency in WordPress - specifically PHP & JS
• Comfortable using Git
• Ability to estimate effort
• Using build tools such as Webpack
• Being self-directive in learning
• Collaborative approach
• Strong communication - both technical and non-technical
• Knowledge and interest in cutting edge technologies
Nice to Haves:
• Agile & scrum experience
• Experience working within an agency
• Experience conducting code reviews
• Creating headless WordPress - including Next.
• Using composer
• Written production-level React
• Experience of testing - including Cypress
• Contributing to Open Source projects - including Word Press
• Working with Gutenberg & custom blocks
• Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
• Remote working experience
• Experience mentoring and leading a team
< provides its employees with an energetic work environment and opportunities to further develop their skills. Our dedication to growing our development team is how we can produce excellent sites and applications for our clients. We do all of this while maintaining a family value focus and pushing for a good work-life balance.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package.
For Remote Senior WordPress Developer roles, visit Remote Senior WordPress Developer Roles
Lead WordPress Developer – Client Facing (LDM) at Dealer Inspire
For Remote Lead WordPress Developer – Client Facing (LDM) roles, visit Remote Lead WordPress Developer – Client Facing (LDM) Roles