Associate Software Engineer at Scopely
Location: Culver City
• Associate Software Engineer, Web
• Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
• Our world-class development team is searching for an Associate Software Engineer for Marvel Strike Force, a top-grossing mobile game.
• This new team member could develop in several directions based on interest and skills, including gameplay, web development, system, platform work, or tools to support live operations.
• All of those paths lead to working on a multi-discipline team to affect our community of players positively.
• There are a wide variety of areas for people to work on, and we want people to work where they can both feel passionate and make an impact with what they do.
• Assist in building websites where players can gather information, learn, and strategize.
• Work with artists, designers, and engineers to help translate game concepts to the web.
• Help build and deploy a backend infrastructure that can support millions of active users.
• Add/Improve our proprietary API to deliver functionality that will engage users on the web.
• If becoming a part of this team sounds interesting and you can embody the ideals of humility, ownership, fun, and player focus, then we would love to hear from you.
• 1-3 years experience in software engineering or equivalent university coursework and projects
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to express points to a wide variety of audiences
• Solid foundational knowledge of CS
• Eagerness to learn and take on new challenges
• Experience with frameworks such as React and Vue.js
• Experience with databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Redis
• Experience with web application frameworks such as Express.
• Working with APIs and consuming data from RESTful services
• Experience implementing state management patterns such as Redux and Vuex.
• Strategy or Role Playing Games experience
• Interest in web development, build tools, unit testing, automation, scalability, optimization
• Scopely is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games across multiple platforms, including award-winning franchises like MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Scrabble® GO, and many others.
• As part of Scopely’s family, our Boundless Entertainment studio was founded by a tight-knit team of industry veterans with a pedigree rooted in massive AAA hits.
• Over the last decade, we have taken that knowledge and applied it to our very own MARVEL Strike Force, making it one of the most successful Marvel franchises of all time.
• At Boundless, we strive to create an equitable and inclusive workplace where all people know they are respected and valued.
• We foster an environment filled with curiosity, creativity, and inclusiveness.
• In our games, we are dedicated to crafting playful, smart, and addictively fun experiences.
• We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values
• but most of all we care about our community of players.
• We don’t just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
For Remote Associate Software Engineer roles, visit Remote Associate Software Engineer Roles